Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day Sixteen

Today we moved on from Hofn to Reytharfyorthur (that's more or less phonetic spelling... see below for the actual location name) rather quickly in the morning because the roads were better than expected.  We were settled into our new hostel by around 13h00 and headed off towards the Aluminium Smelter shortly thereafter. That tour almost didn't include everything it should have because they'd lost power as we were driving up, but in the end, we were allowed to go in to see the pots (the enclosures where they make the aluminium from the aluminium oxide and a catalyst. I think I may have partied a bit hard last night because I've had a splitting headache all day which I believe has contributed to my considerable crankiness. (Sorry guys) And I almost fell asleep (and off a table) while listening to our guide answer some of our questions at the end of the tour!

I wasn't allowed to take my camera with me, and the only shots I got of today were me fooling around with my warming filter, so I've nothing new to post, but I decided to include an amazing (or two) glacier shot! enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment